Kaustav Sarkar (b.1990, India), is an independent, self-taught photographer, based out of Kolkata, India. Fashion and commercial work alongside exploring personal work form the major part of his current work. Striking a balance between the classic nature of photographs that make them timeless, to contemporary times is what leads his vision.
Echoing a sense of strong aesthetics that reflects across his portfolio, he is open to exploring avenues that challenge his vision and strives to create works on emotion and sensitivity that connects his photographs to the audience.
Initially starting out with photographing the streets, to the documentation of certain events, working for NGOs, covering weddings to commercial and fashion, Kaustav holds a fair share of understanding and skills in multiples disciplines of photography channelizing his experiences overtime to his present bodies of work, commercial and personal.
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 09477327706
RECOGNITIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Runner up Tamron Challenge 2020 (Portrait category).
- Winner in the category “Behind the Scenes or Offbeat” of “Wedding Photographer of The Year 2016-2017 of Better Photography Magazine, Issue February 2017.
- Winner of “APF Magazine Inspiration Award IX- Transport Drama”, issue February 2017.
- Published in India Photo Project, as the “Monochrome Discovery of the Year”
- Published in Creative Image Magazine, as the winner of “Shine with Metal” Contestcurated by Magnum Photographer, Raghu Rai. For July-August Issue 2016
- Winner of Street Photography Category in both camera and mobile photography contest from TUMBHI, July 2016
- Winner of Better Photography Magazine Monthly Contest, “Winter Elements”, February 2015.
- Honorable Mention in Artistique 2014-2015 contest of Asian Photography Magazine, for Conceptual Category
- Published in “Deep Freeze” Zine, curated by Mr. Kaushal Parikh, founder of the only Indian Street Photography Collective “That’s Life”, for magazine issues numbers 2,6,9,10,11 & 12 of the year 2015.
- Published in Street Photography Assignment, March 2015 of National Geography Your Shot, judged by renowned photographer Mr. Ben Lowey.